Elliott Masie - Learning professionals need to look at the learner experience
Posted on Feb 23, 2016
Elliott Masie is one of the best known learning experts in the world, he's an author, conference host, learning researcher and even a broadway producer.
Figurehead and founder of the influential Masie center, he held his first learning conference 25 years ago so we started by asking if it's easier or harder for learning professionals now than back then.
The interview covers excitement at future technologies, serious games, personalised learning, mobile learning and what L&D can learn from Broadway.
Questions for Elliott Masie
To make it easier for you to get back to the questions you want to hear again we've listed each question with the time it appears in the interview below.
- 00:40 - Is it harder for learning professionals now than 25 years ago?
- 02:50 - What's the most important skill that an L&D professional needs to master today?
- 05:30 - What are you getting excited about for the future of learning?
- 07:00 - How far away are we from truly personalised learning?
- 09:34 - Can you elaborate on your statement "The LMS as we know it now is on the way out"?
- 12:10 - Are you a fan of elearning games?
- 14:38 - What are the implications of mobile devices becoming the main access point?
- 20:11 - Are there lessons that L&D can learn from Broadway?
Read highlights and see video of Elliott Masie in our blog post.
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode001-ElliottMasie.mp3 (23:36, 8.4MB)
Make sure you catch each episode by subscribing to the Sponge elearning podcast rss feed with your favourite podcast player.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast where we talk to award winning L&D professional Dave Buglass, Head of Organisational Capability and Development at Tesco Bank.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Join the Sponge team
Great people are fundamental to Sponge. We employ many industry-recognised leaders and are busy growing the next generation of leaders. We don’t just look for talented people who can do a particular job – we look for people who share our passion and values.Read more