Dave Buglass – What's holding L&D back is L&D
Posted on Mar 08, 2016
Dave Buglass, Head of Capability and Development at Tesco Bank is the guest for this episode of the Sponge podcast, recorded at the Learning Technologies 2016 conference.
Dave was Learning and Development Professional of the year and Chief Learning Officer of the year in 2014, he's got more than 20 years experience in L&D and shares his thoughts on what's changed over that time and what needs to change in order for the L&D function to become more effective in the future.
Read excerpts from this interview in our accompanying blog post.
- 00:40 - What's changed in L&D over the 20 years you've been doing this?
- 01:33 - What do you think is holding L&D back from the point where the learner is the centre of everything?
- 02:53 - On a practical level how do you do that?
- 03:52 - What part should the L&D vendors be playing?
- 05:02 - You did the foreward for the most recent Towards Maturity report "Embracing Change" Is 2016 going to be the year of change?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode002-DaveBuglass.mp3 (06:58, 2.4MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.Read more
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact