Chuck Lorenz on Adapt – Sponge Elearning Podcast
Posted on May 17, 2016
Chuck Lorenz is an elearning developer who contributes to the Adapt learning project. We spoke to him to find out why it's one of the most talked about new elearning authoring technologies.
If you're not familiar with Adapt it's a set of free, open source tools that allow anyone to create responsive elearning content.
It means you can create one course that can be accessed on any type of device with a modern web browser whether you have programming experience or not.
You can find lots more information and examples of projects built in Adapt at adaptlearning.org.
Chuck has recently been given a place in the Adapt steering group so we thought it would be a good time to catch up with him to get the perspective of an independent contributor.
"I like beautiful things, I like to help people, I like education, I like technology and that all fits together with Adapt"
Hopefully this podcast will inspire you to check out how Adapt could work for you and how you might be able to contribute to the project yourself in the future.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 01:08 - As someone based in the US how do you find working on a project with many team members based in the UK?
- 01:53 - What’s your background in developing digital learning?
- 02:34 - How did you first hear about Adapt?
- 03:25 - When did you first encounter Adapt?
- 03:38 - Are there any alternative open source authoring tools out there?
- 03:56 - Do you see the demand for responsive learning content increasing in the future?
- 05:52 - What was the first thing that struck you about the Adapt project?
- 07:12 - Where have you contributed the most to the Adapt project?
- 08:38 - Do you have any advice for developers who want to contribute to the Adapt project?
- 11:00 - Can you explain what accessibility means in terms of the Adapt project?
- 12:26 - Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to in the Adapt project?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode007-ChuckLorenz.mp3 (13:59, 4.8MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact