Victor Yocco – Applying psychology to online education design
Posted on Jun 28, 2016
Victor Yocco is Philadelphia-based researcher and author on psychology and communication.
This episode we're talking with Victor about the application of principles of psychology to online education design.
His latest book Design for the Mind looks at how to create online learning that appeals to our innate natural responses as human being.
Listeners can get 39% off when ordering the print or e-book version of Design for the Mind through Manning Publications by using the code: yoccoppc
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:39 - What does elearning look like if it is designed without psychology in mind?
- 04:36 - How can we use psychological principles to better engage our audiences?
- 07:03 - How can we design elearning to promote behavioural change in an organisation?
- 10:42 - What are your tips, in terms of psychology, for getting elearning to stick?
- 13:08 - Can you tell us about the use of social networks to influence people and how that might apply to elearning?
- 18:06 - How much knowledge do learning designers need to be successful in using psychology in their work?
- 21:30 - What does elearning look like if it is designed with psychology?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode010-VictorYocco.mp3 (24:37, 8.5MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.Read more
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact