Andy Nock – Augmented and virtual reality in learning
Posted on Jul 26, 2016
360°, VR & AR
Andy Nock is a Director at the Elearning Network and has worked with augmented and virtual reality in learning.
Andy explains the differences between the two technologies as well as the opportunities that they offer for L&D professionals.
Follow Andy on Twitter: @AndyNock83
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:34 - Can you define augmented and virtual reality?
- 01:50 - What opportunities exist for using these technologies in L&D?
- 03:08 - Have you seen any real examples of use of Virtual and augmented reality yet?
- 04:57 - Are there any tools you recommend for L&D people to try out the technologies out?
- 06:18 - How long do you think it will be before we're seeing these technologies more regularly in the L&D industry?
- 07:01 - What do you find most exciting about AR and VR?
Andy recommends the following apps and hardware for L&D professionals looking to experimenting with augmented and virtual reality:
- Layar - an augmented reality app for smart phones and tablet with a desktop creator studio
- Unity - a 3d games engine for creating interactive 3D environments for AR and VR
- Ricoh Theta S camera - a 360-degree camera
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode012-AndyNock.mp3 (8:24, 2.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.Read more
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact