David Patterson – Current and future elearning trends
Posted on Jul 15, 2016
David Patterson is a consultant at Learning Light and the co-author of their report on the UK elearning market.
We asked David about the trends he's seeing in the elearning industry and what members of the industry should be concentrating on to ensure growth continues.
We cover Brexit, learning technology as well as future and current elearning trends.
Find out more about David Patterson at the Learning Light website.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:39 - What is the current direction of travel for the elearning industry?
- 01:07 - Are people asking about Brexit's impact on the elearning industry?
- 03:19 - Is there a trend in elearning that's taken you by surprise?
- 04:23 - Which learning technologies or strategies are creating the biggest impact and making the most difference?
- 06:04 - Are learners in modern organisations open to learning technologies?
- 07:00 - What do companies that are seeing success with learning technologies do that gives them an edge?
- 08:07 - We've seen a rapid pace of change in elearning over the last few years will that continue?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode011-DavidPatterson.mp3 (24:37, 8.5MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
NHS guidance states that ‘washing hands is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others from the spread of infection’. The game raises awareness and promotes the use of correct techniques for handwashing.Read more
Sponge joined by sister company Bolt on Stand K50 at #LT20UKRead more
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact