Chris Wharton - Illustration for learning
Posted on Sep 09, 2016
Chris Wharton is an experienced illustrator who has worked on hundreds of elearning projects as part of Sponge's visual design team.
Read more about design in elearning on the Sponge Blog:
- Illustration vs photography for elearning
- 5 golden rules for good visual design in elearning
- 5 ways a bad user interface (UI) can derail your elearning
- Adapt responsive learning framework
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:40 - What are the benefits of using an illustrative approach in your elearning content?
- 01:42 - How important is it to create bespoke illustrations?
- 02:36 - Are there any situations where illustrations aren't appropriate for elearning?
- 03:42 - Why do you think infographics are so popular in elearning?
- 04:30 - What's the difference between static illustration and illustration for animation?
- 05:38 - What kind of resources or tools are you using to help succeed as a visual design team?
- 06:19 - What do you need to take into account when illustrating for responsive or mobile courses?
- 07:16 - What kind of skills or specialities make an illustrator particularly suited to elearning?
- 08:02 - How do you think augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) will change the way illustrators work?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link (9:51, 5.6MB).
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.Read more
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact