Phil Reddall - Have a clear view of why you're curating learning content
Posted on Oct 18, 2016
Phil Reddall is Vice Chair of the Elearning Network and Learning Innovation Manager for a global specialist chemical company, he offers his experience and advice on curation of learning content for L&D professionals.
The focus of this episode is curation of learning content, how it works, whether it's continuing, it's advantages and some practical tips on how to implement it into your strategy.
Find out more about Phil's role in the Elearning Network on their meet the dircector page.
Hear more from Phil in his video session for the Big Sponge Hangout.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:35 - Back in 2014 you wrote about a shift in L&D from creating learning to include curation of learning, have you seen that trend continue?
- 01:42 - Have you seen any new technologies or techniques emerge that have helped L&D in their curation of learning?
- 04:35 - What barriers have you seen to organisations making curated content available?
- 08:47 - Is there a process you go through to decide which pieces of content are presented to learners?
- 13:29 - Can you share an example of effective use of learning content curation that you've seen?
- 18:30 - Is there a risk that L&D move too far towards curated material and forget about creating learning content?
- 21:08 - What's the first step towards making curated content available to your learners?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode018-PhilReddall.mp3 (30:30, 17.4MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact