Donald Clark - To ignore AR and VR in learning would be madness
Posted on Nov 29, 2016
360°, VR & AR
Donald Clark has over 30 years of experience in learning technologies, we spoke to him about the latest emerging tech and how it will impact the workplace learning industry.
We cover a range of topics including artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality and more and get insights into how learning professionals can prepare for the future of training.
For the latest news and updates from Donald Clark follow him on Twitter: @DonaldClark.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:30 - What do you think are the opportunities and risks of AI in learning?
- 03:02 - Has something significant changed this year with the arrival of Pokémon Go?
- 05:11 - How do you think the growth of mobile augmented reality could translate into workplace learning?
- 07:55 - How do you see virtual reality in learning developing in the next few years?
- 12:24 - Do you think sensory technology known as haptics will play a role in learning in the future?
- 14:09 - How do you think workplace learning will change as we move away from touch command to voice command computing?
- 17:10 - Do you have any practical tips for people looking to get started in emerging technology?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode020-DonaldClark.mp3 (22:35, 12.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
Join 1000s of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact