Motion graphics for learning with Paddy Selman
Posted on Jun 21, 2017
Paddy Selman is a Motion Graphics Designer at Sponge where he creates a variety of animations and video assets for learning programmes.
We talk through the strengths of motion graphics, some of the processes that he uses to create them and why they're so useful for engaging learning.
The questions are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:17 - What makes a training subject suitable for a motion graphics approach?
- 02:04 - How do you work with learning design and visual design to maintain a consistent look and feel across a learning programme?
- 03:50 - Are there any graphical styles that are much harder to add motion to than others?
- 05:15 - What are the common challenges when creating motion graphics for learning?
- 06:23 - Do you often create more than one piece of motion graphics for a course, and can they stand alone?
- 07:35 - What tools do you use to collaborate with colleagues within Sponge?
- 09:35 - How important is the audio in a motion graphic sequence?
- 11:35 - What are your favourite examples of motion graphics for learning?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode025-PaddySelman.mp3 (15:42, 8.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in a few weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact