Retrieval practice with Jeff Karpicke
Posted on Sep 22, 2017
Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
The questions are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:50 - What do you mean when you talk about retrieval in terms of our cognitive ability?
- 03:52 - Does practising retrieving information help with remembering?
- 04:50 - Is there an optimum spacing frequency for retrieval practice?
- 08:07 - Does retrieval lead to a higher quality, or deeper learning?
- 10:11 - Why do you think retrieval practice is under appreciated as a learning strategy?
- 13:04 - How can the principle of retrieval practice help in workplace learning?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode027-JeffKarpicke.mp3 (15:28, 8.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in a few weeks for the next episode of the Sponge elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
We explore how to balance technology and people to ensure new employees are set for up for success with your business.
Continuous learning helps create and maintain an agile, adaptable workforce across your organisation in the face of an industry wide skills shortage
A global skills shortage, rapid workplace change, the need for agile employees, and digital transformation have created a perfect storm for people development.
Rapid delivery of bespoke content
Our off-the-shelf content is fully customisable but, if you're looking for a more bespoke learning solution, we’re offering rapid turnaround. We’ll work in partnership with you to create a 20 minute custom built elearning module in a 2 week timeframe. Contact us to discuss your learning needs and our pricing structure.Contact